Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March 22, 2015 Sermon

"It Wasn't Easy"
I’ve always enjoyed watching those home improvement shows on TV. Putting in new windows, floors and trim looks so easy. When they plaster drywall, they do it so smoothly and quickly. About 20 years ago I thought "That looks easy. I can do that!" So, I bought the equipment, a bucket of joint compound, and started to plaster. Ugg! Not pretty. Plastering is not as easy as it looks.
Why am I bringing this up? Because so many people think that Jesus’ gift of salvation wasn’t all that hard. After all, He is God. He can do anything He wants. Surely, many think, it was easy for Him to save us. As we travel through God’s Word today, I pray that all of us will realize that it was a lot harder than we at first think. "IT WASN’T EASY!" But, He wanted to do it and it was painfully perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment